The Academy of Physicians in Wound Healing (APWH), is a leading world-wide professional association of physicians (MD,DO,DPM) and all prescribing authority (Nurse Practitioners-NP and Physician Assistants-PA) who are specialized in wound healing. APWH was formed and has been supporting its members on a daily basis since 2011.
The Academy provides:
Clinical education in the form of live seminars, conferences and on demand courses, webinars and lectures for all licensed professionals on the wound healing team, including: RN, LPN, LVN, PT, PTA, OT, OTA, NP, PA, MD, DO, and DPM.
Advocacy and representation support on issues dealing with:
- healthcare delivery
- allowance of covered services
- legislative action on critical reimbursement issues
While healthcare in general and APWH specifically face domestic challenges, there is no doubt wound related health issues are a worldwide concern. The Academy welcomes our international colleagues to join from around the globe.
All members of APWH receive exclusive benefits including:
- Accredited continuing education and training for members and their entire licensed staff through NMwoundcare.com
- Member discounted courses, seminars and conferences
- Priority registration for all live seminar and conference
- Discounted subscription to Journal of Wound Care
- Complimentary subscription to the APWH endorsed, Wound Care Professional Journal and Wound Central Journal, supplemental publications of JWC
- Adjunct business opportunities
- Special interest committee opportunities
- Mentorship program
- Medical School/Resident incentive program
Certification in wound healing
APWH physicians that are certified in wound care by the Council for Medical Education and Testing (CMET) are granted the ability to add a “c” to the back of their FAPWH pneumonic to read, John Doe, MD, FAPWHc. They are designated as certified Fellows.
APWH certifies Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants in wound healing. They are recognized as Diplomates in the academy DAPWHc with their signature sign off. EG: John Doe, NP, DAPWHc.