Wound Healing’s Website
The APWH was created by physicians to serve all prescribing physicians (MDs, DOs, and DPMs) in wound healing. In 2017, the APWH Board unanimously voted to open a new affiliate membership category for physician assistants (PA) and in 2018 a new category was opened for nurse practitioners (NP). The organization’s goals and objectives include the following five aspects of wound healing practice that are required for success in today’s ever challenging environment.
- Education that represents in-depth clinical programming focused on diagnosis, medical/surgical management to “treat the disease as well as the wound”
- Advocacy on behalf of physicians to CMS, other regulatory agencies, insurance companies, and the public at large
- Legislative engagement to represent the physicians’ perspective on issues dealing with healthcare delivery and initiatives to advance the physician patient relationship
- Practice support including information to support operations and business efficiency
- Advancement of wound healing to medical specialty status
- who were granted the designation of Fellow or Associate in another recognized medical association will have that same designation as members of the APWH.
- who are board certified in their specific field of medicine join as a “Fellow”, (FAPWH)
- who are certified in wound healing by the Council for Medical Education and Testing (CMET) join as a “Fellow Certified” (FAPWHc)
- join as an “Associate” (AAPWH) if not meeting criterial described in items 1, 2 or 3 above
- join as an “Physician Assistant” (PAAPWH) affiliate member
Save your valuable time and money with this streamlined comprehensive course.
- Flexible and Easy To Use
- Faculty Experts
- Peer Recommended
- Free Technical Support
12.35 Podiatric contact hours or 12 AMA Priority 1 credits for $325
Become an APWH member and SAVE $125
Member price is only $200
Become a Fellow, join the APWH.