Wound Healing’s Website
The science and practice of wound healing and related care is developing rapidly toward specialty status. To meet the needs of physicians and physicians extenders in this increasingly demanding medical discipline, a physician-oriented organization is required. The wound care association created to meet the specific needs of the physician and their physician extenders is The Academy of Physicians in Wound Healing.
APWH, the Academy of Physicians in Wound Healing, originally formed in 2011 specifically for physicians (MD,DO,DPM) now includes advanced practice providers (Nurse Practitioners-NP and Physician Assistants-PA). The organization provides information and support in three subject areas: clinical and operations-focused education, compensation advocacy, and legislative action on healthcare issues. While nurses have had the benefit of nursing-specific organizations to address the needs of the nursing profession, it is our belief that physicians and advanced practice providers have been at a disadvantage in this regard. Additionally, the organization provides this information specifically to providers that are responsible for diagnosis and management of patient care which defines the demographic of our membership.
- Education that represents in-depth clinical programming focused on diagnosis, medical/surgical management to “treat the disease as well as the wound”
- Advocacy on behalf of physicians to CMS, other regulatory agencies, insurance companies, and the public at large
- Legislative engagement to represent the physicians’ perspective on issues dealing with healthcare delivery and initiatives to advance the physician patient relationship
- Practice support including information to support operations and business efficiency
- Advancement of wound healing to medical specialty status
Save your valuable time and money with this streamlined comprehensive course.
- Flexible and Easy To Use
- Faculty Experts
- Peer Recommended
- Free Technical Support
12.35 Podiatric contact hours or 12 AMA Priority 1 credits for $325
Become an APWH member and SAVE $125
Member price is only $200
Become a Fellow, join the APWH.