The science and practice of wound healing and related care is developing rapidly toward specialty status. To meet the needs of physicians in this increasingly demanding medical discipline, a physician-specific organization is required. The wound care association created to meet the specific needs of the physician is The Academy of Physicians in Wound Healing. The APWH was created by physicians to serve all prescribing physicians (MDs, DOs, and DPMs) in wound healing. The organization's goals and objectives include the following five aspects of wound healing practice that are required for success in today's ever challenging environment:
- Education that represents in-depth clinical programming focused on diagnosis, medical/surgical management to "treat the disease as well as the wound"
- Advocacy on behalf of physicians to CMS, other regulatory agencies, insurance companies, and the public at large
- Legislative engagement to represent the physicians' perspective on issues dealing with healthcare delivery and initiatives to advance the physician patient relationship
- Practice support including information to support operations and business efficiency
- Advancement of wound healing to medical specialty status
Grandfathering in place during open enrollment
Members that join currently are doing so during Open Enrollment of the Academy. During this period, grandfathering is in place so that physicians who were granted the designation of Fellow or Associate in another recognized medical association will have that same designation as members of the APWH.
March 27-30, Philadelphia, PA
APWH 2014 Annual Physicians & Wounds Conference and Expo
March 30 - CMET Exam
Join APWH to receive a discounted rate on Conference Registration.
Registration is easy! There are 5 options:
1. Click here to Register Online.
2. Click here to Download a Registration form to mail or email to the APWH office.
for a registration form.
4. Call 336-923-5604 to request a registration form be emailed to you as an attachment or a hardcopy.
5. Call 336-923-5604 to register for the conference by phone. Be sure to leave a message with your contact information for our office staff to reach you should the line be busy or office staff not available at that time.
Click here to view the 2014 Annual Conference Brochure!