The science and practice of wound healing and related care is developing rapidly toward specialty status. To meet the needs of physicians in this increasingly demanding medical discipline, a physician-specific organization is required. The wound care association created to meet the specific needs of the physician is The Academy of Physicians in Wound Healing. The APWH was created by physicians to serve all prescribing physicians (MDs, DOs, and DPMs) in wound healing. The organization's goals and objectives include the following five aspects of wound healing practice that are required for success in today's ever challenging environment:
- Education that represents in-depth clinical programming focused on diagnosis, medical/surgical management to "treat the disease as well as the wound"
- Advocacy on behalf of physicians to CMS, other regulatory agencies, insurance companies, and the public at large
- Legislative engagement to represent the physicians' perspective on issues dealing with healthcare delivery and initiatives to advance the physician patient relationship
- Practice support including information to support operations and business efficiency
- Advancement of wound healing to medical specialty status
Grandfathering in place during open enrollment
Members that join currently are doing so during Open Enrollment of the Academy. During this period, grandfathering is in place so that physicians:
- who were granted the designation of Fellow or Associate in another recognized medical association will have that same designation as members of the APWH.
- who are board certified in their specific field of medicine join as a “Fellow”, (FAPWH)
- who are certified in wound healing by the Council for Medical Education and Testing (CMET)
join as a “Fellow Certified” (FAPWHc)
- join as an “Associate” (AAPWH) if not meeting criterial described in items 1, 2 or 3 above.
NOTE: The above designations reflect level of academic background. ALL MEMBERS irrespective of the above designations have the same rights and privileges to participate in committees, etc. During APWH conferences name badges state “member” under the physician’s name without reference to the type of member encouraging an environment where ALL physicians (with various backgrounds, disciplines and academic achievement) are on an equal playing field.
|2015 Regional Physicians & Wound Conference
|SAVE THE DATE
October 1-4, 2015
Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport
If there’s one Wound Conference you attend this year in Philadelphia - YOU DESERVE the APWH Conference 2015!
- New speakers
- New refreshing topics and ideas about basic concepts
- ONLY PHYSICIAN-directed education
- ONLY conference allowing you to network with colleagues ALL with same interests
- Support our physician focused advocacy
- Streamlined to provide BEST VALUE for your time and costs
- Pre-register for only $100-to secure your seat in this to be "sold out" conference
- Bring your team - CME/CE for MD, DO, DPM, NP, Nurses
Its time you attend a refreshing educational experience.
Pre-Registration Opens March 10
Limited Seating to give you the very best educational experience---- ALL members encouraged to Pre-Register to secure seat!