Free Entry to APWH 2020 Virtual Scientific Symposium
Limited Time Offer for 2020! Register today at https://apwhconference.org/
Dedicated to provide an increased level of the sophisticated education to support physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants to aid in making diagnosis and developing treatment management. Educational programming is designed specifically to: identify the etiology, determined treatment regimen, a system to follow outcomes and coordinate the clinical education with aspects for organizational and business efficiency. The clinical education includes medical and surgical management of all complex wounds, including those related to, but not limited to: acute, chronic, post-surgical, post-radiation, reconstructive, burns, cancers, and more. These educational objectives are accomplished through various resources, including but not limited to the following:
- APWH National Conference held during the spring of each year — the “Physicians and Wounds”
- Education addressing patient diagnosis, medical and surgical management as well as operational and business efficiency, ALL of which is important to physician practice
- General lectures with interactive panel discussions to optimize registrant involvement for interactive education
- Selected faculty who are known experts in their field of medicine as well as skilled educators with communication abilities, who enjoy the art and science of teaching
- General lectures, break-out sessions, hands-on lab courses all available to fit the educational preferences of the various attendees
- Domestically driven with a global prospective to attract an international and interactive registration base
- Academics and education are first priority with a social agenda to wind down from aggressive educational programming
- An opportunity to network with your peers locally, across the country and worldwide
- The Refresher and Review Course for wound healing for updating your fundamental skills and/or certification preparation. We offer community and local conferences in your geographic area. Contact APWH for support of a dinner meeting or a small one or two day conference in your town or community.
- Monthly eNEWS Briefs with “News Rounds” which has the breaking news in healthcare effecting wound healing, tips and pearls on the business of practice, hot issues from Washington, Association News with Upcoming Activities, product updates and review and more! APWH keeps its members informed.
- Other Benefits for Education include conference notes, web related educational programs, email news updates, discounted registration rates, and soon to come, our related wound care journal. APWH offers a multi-faceted, full service Academy to bring to the busy physician many opportunities to be updated on clinical matters of patient care, billing and business organizational skills, regulations for compliance and more to provide best practice.
Journal of Wound Care
As a APWH member you are entitled to receive a discounted subscription to Journal of Wound Care (JWC). Currently all APWH members receive a special quarterly supplement produced in collaboration JWC and APWH members.
JWC is the leading source of tissue viability research and information. JWC is essential reading for all specialists who wish to enhance their practice and stay ahead of developments in wound management and tissue viability.
The journal is internationally renowned for its cutting edge and state-of-the-art research and clinical articles, as well as its coverage of management, education and novel therapies.
JWC has been associated with an Impact Factor (IF) of 1.906 for 2012, corresponding to a total number of citations of 1327. The journal is indexed on Medline, Scopus, CINAHL and the Thomson Reuters’ Science Citation Index-Expanded and Current Contents/Clinical Medicine. APWH members who wish to subscribe* to JWC click here.
You will find, and we are very proud of, our very reasonable membership fees. Take action, and join the APWH today.